Equitable Columns / Atlanta History Center
Equitable Columns were originally carved for the original Equitable building in 1892 and then moved to the current Equitable building in 1995. Due to renovations of the Equitable Plaza the columns were donated to the Atlanta History center to avoid demolition. The columns weighed 25,000pounds each and required specially fabricated steel cages to move them in one piece. Multiple large cranes were used to remove and set the columns at the History Center. A&C was instrumental in the coordination and successful re-installation of this difficult relocation process.